Monday, March 15, 2010

is atheism the answer ??????

I’ll start this post with my favourite quote “ if there is a God atheism must seem to him as less of an insult than religion” the punch line if u have failed to note is “if there is a god” which is a long argued controversy… one of my friend oscillates between extroversion and introversion  , when I come to think of it I figured out that I too have a floating mind but only in the case of the God, a mind that oscillates between theism and atheism for which I never managed to find an answer and for which now I ve decided ther cant be a precise explanation and even if ther is an explanation it will be of no importance now, as whoever this God person is seems to have lost interest in the current events, or may be he needs a battery recharge r something(a joke).
Human beings have never believed in anything that they cant understand or wat they cant see with their eyes but still the majority of people are theists atleast partly, when I tried to explain this anomaly to myself i understood that this is because God is a profitable asset as long as people believe ther is some one watching over taking account of everything we do they try to keep their sins to a forgivable amount which finds application in the law and order department especially in a country like India, and of course ther r priests in all religions who earn their everyday bread by washing our sins away and spending time speaking to God …. Our dear nithyananda and a whole lot of their kind will definitely agree with me on profitability of Mr.God.
Human mind works based on mathematics, the decisions it makes are expected by the mind to carry a higher probability of success, the belief of god is also based on a risk benefit factor, consider this two cases in the first case you don’t believe in god and by a chance he is actually out ther somewhere here comes the risk… and in the second case you believe in god u r profited if he s ther and you don’t loose anything if god is a false hypothesis, now our mind works out all the possibilities and decides that the most profitable option is the correct one.
Whichever is correct, I wish we should all with out consideration to our beliefs deserve to be protected from the kind of theists we know who….
Atleast as long as this God person comes in person and corrects his mistakes…

5 comments:

  1. dei .. what is that u r trying to tel da?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm jus trying seek out the reason why people believe god .... because this faith contradicts everything else, usually people never believe wat they dont see r wat they dont understand... im a little confused myself ...i admit ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. so how do you portray yourself here: as a atheist or a theist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. the answer is in the 7th line of the post.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think ur mind sways to amd fro when it comes to god.. I think u r neither theist nor an atheist but just agnostic..

    ReplyDelete